Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church is committed to taking a wise and faithful approach in responding to COVID-19 (coronavirus). The following is a brief review of how we are currently approaching this concern:
The CDC defines COVID-19 as a disease caused by a new type of coronavirus (or “novel coronavirus”). The virus that causes COVID-19 belongs to a large family of viruses that are common in people and different animal species. On rare occasions, animal coronaviruses can infect people, and then spread from person-to-person. This is how the COVID-19 virus started. People with COVID-19 can have a wide range of symptoms that can range from mild to severe.
Symptoms may include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Fatigue (feeling tired all the time)
- Muscle or body aches
Other symptoms may include:
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
To learn more about COVID-19, prevention steps, guidance for high-risk groups, travelers, and more, visit the CDC website.
If you’d like to talk to someone about coronavirus concerns, like testing, exposure, and prevention at VA, you can also call VA311 at 844-698-2311 (TTY: 711).
What should I do if I have symptoms?
If you have any of the symptoms listed above, call your VA medical center before going to a clinic, urgent care, or emergency room.
Visit the CDC website to learn more about the symptoms of COVID-19.
What’s Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church doing to deal with COVID-19?
Our Reopening Plan
Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church COVID-19 Task Force developed a plan for reopening Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church with one limited capacity service at 11:00 am, which will be announced. The plan was developed in accordance with federal and state health guidelines and in communication with Houston officials. The plan involves continuing to offer a livestream option, registration for attendance, and required face coverings for everyone five years and older.
Sunday Worship: In-Person Registration
Per our Safety Guidelines, registration is required to attend the 11:00 am worship service in person. Registration will be open from Sunday at 12:30 pm until Friday at 12:30 pm the week prior to the Sunday you wish to attend. You will register for one of two rooms based on your preference and the room availability: Worship Center or Community Room. To register, click on the button below or call (713) 228-5470 between Monday and Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Please submit prayer requests here. Our church family wants to pray for you!
- If you give to Pleasant Grove Church, now is a great time to consider the option of giving online.
- Check out our Online Schedule to join us for other online gatherings throughout the week.
- Pray for the sick, those treating them, those working on a cure, and those who have lost loved ones that God would heal, give wisdom, and provide comfort.
- Pray that as a church family we would make wise decisions, practice discernment, and be a beacon of gospel hope in a world gripped with anxiety. As Jesus has said, “Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful” (John 14:27).
- Please reach out to those in our congregation and in your neighborhoods with practical help, emotional support, and prayer. These include the elderly, single parent families, people who live alone, and anyone else who may need additional prayer and support.
- Pray for those who, in the midst of this pandemic, are prone to display disrespect and dishonor toward others—even verbal or physical abuse, that they would delight in Jesus, who gave Himself fully in sacrifice for us. And pray for those struggling with offenses, being falsely accused, overlooked, or not receiving credit when due, that they would delight in Jesus, who although He was dishonored by us, in love He is preparing an eternal place for us.